Tuesday, February 4, 2014

What is drawing ( Terry Sager )

A Wonderful Feeling by Margaret Lee

Margaret Lee
A Wonderful Feeling
contact paper, acrylic paint
2008
Distentions variable

drawing for recalibration #1: not raymond pettibone by George Ferrandi

George Ferrandi
Drawing for Recalibration #1
pen and masking tape on paper
2011
20 X 25

Chriromantie by Nora May Klumpp

Nora MAY Klumpp
Chriromantie
penciel on paper
2007
12 X 9 X 1

What is drawing
     
       I must have some type of tool, may it be charcoal , graphite, ink, or other mediums. There must be a surface to apply this, as to present it. I find that boundaries are necessary so that there is a beginning and a ending. I also need graphics to return to after leaving and returning to my work. (where the value and size begins and ends). Drawing begins with, marks,sketches, dots, and may result in a drawing. It is in the eye of the artist.
     I believe drawing does stand on its own. I have always started with an idea and from this started laying medium to that idea. Sometimes my drawings are better than the medium that was applied. what  I see as art may be just lines to others.

Terry Sager



No comments:

Post a Comment