Tuesday, February 25, 2014



Intro to Abstraction (Martinez)


NARRATIVE IMAGES



For me personally I can describe a narrative image as art that tell a story in your imagination. A good narrative tells a complexed story and allows the audience to imagine what the story is, a great narrative is art that can communicated such a powerful story, or cause, and even a overwhelming feeling to the audience and they read it from the start.


NON-NARRATIVE IMAGES




Non-narrative images in this sense is that I can't read a story, there is no real emotion. All I get from this image is confusion and in all sense it is great art and the colors are amazing but I don't feel the story behind it. Just shapes, colors and placement in content balance. In really thinking about this image in narrative it is boring because my imagination has no concrete images that launch my thoughts to start the story.

1 comment:

  1. Just because it is non-narrative does not necessarily mean it is boring. You may find particular images less engaging, but this can be true with narrative images too, no?

    ReplyDelete