Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Paige Thompson's Final

http://youtu.be/PrXp4NL5ilY

Dance, Music and Art are all areas that I have pursued free of competitive pressure. They are relaxing, freeing, and spiritually healing. I have always been fascinated with combinations of two art forms that seem to be contradictory.

In this piece I was able to combine three. Three unique interpretations of an art form combine to create a movie, and hanging piece. My only regret is that I am not more proficient at movie editing. Even during this piece, I struggled to find peace in the home and serenity in the environment around me. The dance itself was a carefully choreographed modern piece. However, a beautiful moment happened, when I first slid on the wet paint, and all the rules went out the window. I was forced to improvise a dance that demanded balance and focus with only one take, one shot. This simple piece was meant to do nothing more than combine the simplest products of the three arts, a painting, a dance, and a song.

This interlude was painted in white gesso and blue acrylic.

No comments:

Post a Comment