Saturday, April 5, 2014

Stripes Narrative - (Kerri Banach)

The figures in my drawing represent clothing, and the mannequin displays that are found inside a store. When I first saw the figures the fabric is what stood out to me the most. I love the drape a fabric has when it is in the right position, and above all I love patterns! I thought if I focused on rendering the prints it would read more as a fashion piece, rather than as real people.  The use of bright whites and the red ground paper is to put the focus on the patterns and make the pieces pop.  When I read this image I am reminded of Spring collections and the floral patterns and trendy stripes that normally hit the store floors. It’s meant to be happy and dreamy, rather than dark and static.  When I look at my image I read it the way I’d hoped it would turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment