Thursday, April 17, 2014

Abstract Art ( sager )

032112-1 by Pamela Harris
Pamela Harris 2012 22 inch X 22 inch
 This artist used pastel, charcoal on paper.
 I like the colors used. I see this as narrative. The placing of different colored marks, over and over, remind me of a tornado, which doesn't agree with the long and drawn out artist statement. I would like to see this artists drawings of structured pieces. 


August 5, 1300 Lines by Paul Lorenz
Paul Lorenz 2010 12" X 16" X 2"
This artist used graphite and oil on panel
I do not see narrative is this piece, to me it looks like a piece of paper that had been waded in a ball for a long time and then flattened. This artist statement is very interesting. ( Abstraction is not a style, but a state of mind...a way of thinking about action, time and circumstance, confidence, and risk taking, boldness and subtlety, solid and void. )  With this thought, I would not change a thing on this image.
Untitled by Pasquale Cortese
Pasquale Cortese 2013 9" X 12"
This artist used pen and ink on paper
I do not agree with the artist statement as grace and energy. I would not would not like this piece hanging on my wall, for it gives me negative feelings. I do not see this image as narrative. Worm colors would make a difference on how I would view his work.

1 comment:

  1. Can you add links to the artists' statements/ websites? Or copy and paste them? Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete